Instagram

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Grateful heart.

Tonight I give thanks.

I'm thankful for my friends, to those who have left, and to those who had the patience to stick around somemore. Thank you for being there to share my experience, to catch my tears, tolerating all my nonsense, and making my life so colourful and happy.

I'm thankful for my boyfriend, who became my priority in life, who gave me a priority in life. Although it might have been a little too much for him, still I'm thankful. I thank him for all the times where he has to put up with my bad temper, and for telling me the truth all the time when most boyfriends would pick and select.

I'm thankful for my family, for caring for me, for scolding me when they are in a bad mood, and for allowing me to do crazy things once in a while. I thank them for moulding me into who I am. Although not perfect, but not an utter bitch at least.

I'm thankful for my country, for being so safe and peaceful. I'm thankful that this country is so strict, giving us freedom. After all, what is freedom without rules?

I'm thankful for all the strangers that smiled at me when we make eye contact, and the ones that reciprocate when I smile at them. They make my day so much better. I'm thankful for those who held a straight face or didn't respond because it allowed me to realise that there are people whose burdens are so heavy they can't smile.

Tonight, I'm just thankful to be alive and loved.